MHF Events

Stomp Out Stigma 5K Walk for Mental Health

Stomp Out Stigma IS GOING VIRTUAL Thursday, September 10th. Details below.

This annual walk for mental health awareness and suicide prevention usually takes place on the third Saturday in May in downtown Grand Rapids (Rescheduled due to Covid-19, details below). Stomp Out Stigma welcomes everyone and anyone who is or knows someone who is affected by mental illnesses or suicide. Walk teams are created in memory of lost loved ones, supportive local organizations, and be nice. schools, workplaces, faith congregations, and community advocates.


Thursday, September 10, 2020

Drive-thru happening at Fifth Third Ball Park from 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.


Walk wherever you are! Walk somewhere that empowers you!


5K Walk to bring awareness to mental health and suicide prevention


Proceeds from the walk benefit our be nice. Programs and awareness throughout the community. Through the be nice. Action plan (notice, invite, challenge, empower) we are able to educate students about mental illnesses and encourage them to exchange stereotypes for understanding, compassion, and acceptance.

Teams compete with one another to see who can raise the most money to support mental health and suicide prevention education provided by the MHF. The top teams are awarded and receive special recognition at the event. Every individual who raises $100 or more receives an exclusive SOS Walk shirt, which are not available for purchase.

be nice.

Shining Through Art Show and Auction...Everyday Life

This annual event highlights the artists in our community who manage ongoing or persistent mental illness, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and so on. Our Shining Through event highlights these artists and decreases stigma. For our artists, creating artwork is a release, expression, a light in the darkness.

Along with being highlighted at the event, artists receive 51% of the revenue made on their artwork. The other 49% goes back to the Foundation to support mental health education throughout West Michigan.

This event is hosted on the third Thursday of October.

**NOTE TO ARTISTS: This year's theme is Shining Through...Everyday Life. If you are a new participant and would like to receive more information about Shining Through, please email Kandice at

Contact the Mental Health Foundation of West Michigan

349 Division Ave S Grand Rapids, MI 49503 | 616.389.8601

Download Our 990 Form

Sign Up for the be nice. mailing list