be nice. is a life-saving tool that helps individuals in faith-based communities understand
that they can have an effect on how people think, act and feel. It is the ultimate
transformative experience that we all have the ability to save a life by simply noticing,
inviting, challenging, and empowering ourselves and others.
Why be nice. Faith?
● Most of us know someone who is in counseling, on medication or has even taken his or her own life as a result of mental illness. There are many difficult issues for Christians to talk about, and mental health would certainly be near the top of that list.
● Stressed left unmanaged leads to mental health disorders.
● Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in adults. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among high school and college-aged students.
● 9 out of 10 times when someone dies by suicide it’s because ofa mental illness: depression.
● Religious congregations can be a safety net for people who need emotional support and resources. That role alone is a critical contribution to the welfare of
human beings in the community.
Step 1: Are Your Ready To Make A Difference?
Please ask about sponsorship for funding if unable to cover costs for any of our be nice. Faith Workshops
Step 2: What's Next?
1. Construct a Mental Health Team – these are individuals who want to help
drive the initiative through your church programs (sermon series, bible study,
youth group, etc.).
2. Schedule quarterly presentations to continue spreading mental health
awareness throughout your congregation. The champions will work directly
with the MHF be nice. Faith coordinator to schedule these.
3. Help spread the message through marketing materials and partnering with
other local churches to bring be nice. Faith education to their congregations.
4. Help support local schools to receive be nice. programming.
5. Host a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course at your congregation for
other surrounding churches to attend.
Step 3: Community Involvement - Take It A Step Further